Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Time to Role Play!

Last week in class Dr. Smirnova had us complete a role playing activity.  Angela, Corey, and myself were the "principals" and the rest of the class were the interviewees.  The 3 of us had to come up with 3 questions to ask during the interview.  We also added warm up questions and personal philosophy statements to our list.

I learned a great deal during this process.  I learned that keeping the questions short is the key.  My favorite question to ask was, "When you think of teaching, what type of music comes to mind?"

I loved the create responses that my classmates gave to this question.  This exercise showed me that when I interview for a teaching position, I must not only be prepared, but I must also be confident.  Believing in the answers that you give can make an enormous impact on the impression that you will leave on the principal.  I know that I have a list of the 100 most common questions asked on an interview.  I am going to have to dig that out and make sure that I am prepared for whatever question comes my way!  

No comments:

Post a Comment